Thursday, March 27, 2008

Broken Boyfriend


Okay, so here I was bragging about what a wonderful boyfriend I have and thinking life just couldn't be better. I had been stressing over the fact that we don't get to see each other enough, so he took one for the team. He broke his leg! He says he did it just for me. Picture this if you will:

Saturday 1:04am

Me: Hello?

Him(on the phone): Honey, I'm not gonna make it to breakfast.

Me: Okay, why not?

Him:I'm in the back of an ambulance. I broke my leg, but you just go on back to sleep.

Pause. Does he really think that's going to happen? I meet him at said hospital only to find out that he is being transferred for surgery. So, after a ride in an ambulance and about 8 hours in 2 different ERs, They wheel him into surgery to repair his broken bones. That was pretty scary, but the doctors say he should be fine now.

Some funny morphine moments:

Him: You have the most gorgeous clavicle I have ever seen.

Me: You realize that's my collarbone, right?

Him: Yes, and it's beautiful.


Him: Tell your parents thanks.

Me: Why?

Him: For having such a wonderful daughter.


Him (to a nurse):My girlfriend is going to be so pissed that you ripped off my pants!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Get well soon Mary's Boyfriend! You seem like such a great guy and she truly deserves someone awesome.

You think that the morphine moments are funny?! Wait 'til he gets the percocet prescription. Percocet turns everyone into a regular comedian (at least the person on percocet thinks so).